London, Greater London
Permanent, Full Time
New In-house Role – Equity and Cash Derivatives lawyer – 4+PQE – Top Tier Financial institution
My Client is a top tier financial institution looking to hire a Senior derivatives lawyer to work on the Cash and Equity derivatives desk.
The key purpose of the role is to provide legal support for the Equities business across a range of products including cash equities and derivatives, as well as provide additional support to the wider Markets legal team in connection with the execution of the strategic priorities of the function and the firm including by involvement in regulatory projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- The role will be a broad one covering the Equities business with a considerable focus on the cash trading, equity derivatives and associated business lines. This will encompass day to day coverage and support, regulatory change and enabling strategic development of the business area.
- Regulatory change:
- advising on all aspects of firm and functional regulatory and strategic change projects applicable to the businesses;
- in conjunction with other infrastructure areas, providing input to, and managing the implementation of, various ongoing regulatory initiatives insofar as they impact these business;
- Market Initiatives: representing the firm on industry and market initiatives;
- Commoditisation: advocating, developing and implementing standard forms and templates;
- Counsel: management of external counsel including responsibility for legal spend;
- Knowledge management: delivering updates on relevant legal, regulatory and governance matters to senior management and colleagues within both Legal and the front office; fostering collaboration with other legal teams both within Markets and more broadly to ensure sharing of knowhow and efficient legal coverage.
Acting as strategic partner and advisor to the Equities business as well as other business and infrastructure partners on the legal, regulatory, and reputational impact of regulatory change and implementation.
For more information, contact Ben.Julius@eximius.com or 0207 648 6952.
Click on the images to connect with Ben on Linkedin.
Solicitors, In-House, Banking, Finance, Derivatives