England, City of London
Permanent, Full time
Director level – competitive Salary +bonus + Benefits
Head of Regulatory and Financial Reporting
The role will be part of the EMEA Controllership management team and report directly to the International Controller (based in London)This role is expected to be a key interface between the Controllership organization and EMEA businesses with direct responsibility for the Financial and Regulatory reporting of certain EMEA based entities and branches This role will interact with members of the EMEA operating committee, executive committee and non-executive directors, This role will interact with members of the EMEA operating committee, executive committee and non-executive directors This role will interact directly with external regulators as and when required. 4.
- Ensuring that the accounting, reporting and internal control processes under their supervision are both operating effectively and efficiently
- Will play a significant part in our financial and regulatory reporting change program. Expected to understand and execute process improvement, digital alternatives and off-shoring capabilities
- Expected to think strategically and tactically, balancing long-term objectives with short-term goals
- Responsible for providing business-wide strategic leadership on all matters related to accounting, reporting and internal control to, among others, business leads, the EMEA operating committee and senior management
- Maintain, develop and oversee their team (c15 individuals) to ensure a high standard of support and control is delivered to meet the changing needs of internal and external stakeholders
- In addition to effectively managing their team, the team will need to partner with business leadership and other appropriate groups (e.g. finance, risk, credit, IT, etc.) to understand the businesses priorities and initiatives, and determine how best to integrate the accounting, reporting and control requirement within the direction of the business.
- Create an environment in which all team members are aware they can identify, raise and resolve all risk management, local regulatory and compliance issues; create a business culture where risk is understood, owned and appropriately mitigated.
- Interface with other infrastructure support and control groups (i.e. risk, legal, credit, operations, technology, compliance, etc.) to provide complete support model with a focus on risk management, capital adequacy and efficient and effective business/operational processes
- Provide leadership and coordination efforts to support new products and strategic changes in business model. This includes all financial aspects (technical and otherwise) of major transactions and initiatives undertaken within the business units Skills/Experience Required:
- Qualified Accountant at least 10 years PQE
Experience of working in at a major Financial Institution:
- Must have demonstrated significant tenure and progression in that period
- Must have worked in a Financial and / or Regulatory Controller team
- Must have leadership experience (including across locations)
- Must have played a leadership role in a significant regulatory change program
- Proven track record of building and sustaining high performing teams
- Strong working knowledge of both US GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including presentations to board level and external bodies e.g. Regulators
- Self-starter with proven track record of driving forward initiatives and being able to work autonomously
- Capacity and willingness to master the detail of specific issues quickly with a view to driving timely resolution
- Results driven individual with relentless focus on execution
- Ensure that all relevant Bank policies and procedures are adhered to and that all applicable legislation and regulations are complied with
For more information, contact Tom.Stoddart@eximius.com or 0207 648 6920.
Click on the images to connect with Tom on Linkedin.
reg, reg reporting, financial control, legal entity control