London, Greater London
Contract, Full Time
New In-House Role – Markets lawyer – Global Financial Institution – 3+PQE
My Client is a Global Financial institution looking to hire a Markets lawyer on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- The role will be a broad one looking at different businesses within Markets and FiRM. The main focus of this role will be on agency lending, securities financing and complex structured transactions. In addition to advisory aspects, the role will have a significant execution element, particularly in relation to the Agency Lending business;
- Agency Lending: Working closely with the agency lending desk on structuring and negotiation of transactions and documentation;
- Delta One desk: Working with the delta one desk on equity derivatives and securities financing arrangements;
- Structuring: legal structuring of bespoke transactions (primarily involving equity derivatives and structured securities financing arrangements; could also involve debt financing and repackaging arrangements);
- Regulatory change:
advising on all aspects of firm and functional regulatory and strategic change projects applicable to the businesses;
- in conjunction with other infrastructure areas, providing input to, and managing the implementation of, various ongoing regulatory initiatives insofar as they impact these business
- Market Initiatives: representing the firm on industry and market initiatives;
- Commoditisation: advocating, developing and implementing standard forms and templates;
- Counsel: management of external counsel including responsibility for legal spend;
- Knowledge management: delivering updates on relevant legal, regulatory and governance matters to senior management and colleagues within both Legal and the front office; fostering collaboration with other legal teams both within Markets and more broadly to ensure sharing of knowhow and efficient legal coverage.
Acting as strategic partner and advisor to the Equities business, the Agency Lending desk and Complex Structuring desk as well as other business and infrastructure partners on the legal, regulatory, and reputational impact of regulatory change and implementation.
A strong candidate will have at least 4 years relevant post qualification experience from a top city law firm or financial institution.
For more information, contact Miriam.Warburton@eximius.com or 0207 648 6954.
Click on the images to connect with Miriam on Linkedin.
Solicitors, In-House, Finance, Banking, Finance, Derivatives