Head of IFRS17 implementation
London City/Canary wharf
Full time 125k base
Develop technical proposals for consideration by the Board and the IFRS Interpretations Committee, and facilitate their decision-making on issues identified by:
- Undertaking research to support proposals.
- Initiating and leading discussions with Board / Committee members.
- Drafting proposals for consideration and presenting them to Board / Committee members.
- Drafting due process documents.
- Prepare a range of documents for internal and external use.
- Act as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board by consulting with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
- Provide general project support to senior staff and the Board.
- Contribute to the development of other staff
- Manage committees and working groups.
- Manage technical project administrative matters.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IFRS Standards and the Conceptual Framework.
- Shows rigour, consistency and attention to detail in work.
- Identifies, understands and analyses issues.
- Proposes well-reasoned recommendations and draws out implications, including cost/benefit analysis.
- Displays impartiality, balance and openness in developing, defending and accepting alternative views.
- Develops feasible solutions.
- Delegates work effectively and appropriately
- Organises and manages own time and work across competing priorities.
- Respects others’ time (eg, providing adequate time for review, considering which issues to escalate to whom).
- Sets and adheres to realistic timelines within span of control.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the quality of the work output, regularly communicating progress and escalating issues appropriately.
- Promptly communicates reasons for changes to plans, as necessary.
- Strives for continuous improvement, within resources, priorities and deadlines.
Send CV to email@example.com