London, Greater London
Permanent, Full Time
Top In-House Role – Banking Litigation lawyer- Global Financial Institution – 1-4PQE
My client is a global financial institution looking to hire a Banking litigation lawyer on a permanent basis.
- Support implementation of consistent processes and methodologies for identification, measurement and management of Legal Risk across the Group and other risks within the Legal Function;
- Assist with risk and control assessment, monitoring, testing, analysing and issue escalation processes;
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate audience-appropriate internal and external reporting in relation to material contentious matters managed by the Legal Function, Legal Risk across the Group, and other risks arising within the Legal Function, including coordinating preparation of reports on key Legal Risk management metrics and Legal Function risk;
- Coordinating and assisting with the refresh of Legal policies and standards. Done along with reviewing and considering implementation plans and processes for new policies and standards aligned to other risks;
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders across the Legal and Risk Functions globally to understand specific reporting requirements and ensure risk management, transparency, consistency and accuracy of reporting information across multiple processes;
- Assist with various centralised processes relating to material contentious matters, such as litigation and investigations managed by Legal, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating preparation of reports on material contentious matters to Group and Legal Entity Boards, Executive Committees and Board Audit Committees;
- Input to capital planning and regulatory stress tests concerning matters managed by the Legal Function. As well including processes to ensure risk management and accuracy of information;
- Ensuring consistency of approach and output across multiple work streams and overseeing appropriate steps to protect legally privileged and commercially sensitive information relating to material contentious legal matters;
A strong candidate should have at least 1 years post qualification experience from a city law firm or top financial institution within their banking litigation department.
For more information, contact Miriam.Warburton@eximius.com or 0207 648 6954.
Click on the images to connect with Miriam on Linkedin.
Solicitors, In-House,Banking, Finance, Litigation, Dispute Resolution