London, Greater London
Permanent, Full Time
Permanent In-house position – OTC Derivatives lawyer – 4+PQE – Top Tier Financial Institution
My Client is a top tier financial institution looking to hire a Derivatives lawyer on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support a Sales business, with a focus on distribution of interest rate and foreign exchange derivative products to clients, including loan and M&A relating hedging.
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to the business and working with and advising the business units, Compliance, Risk and other functions in relation to the legal structuring of transactions and new product development.
- Acting as strategic partner and advisor to the business and other business and infrastructure partners on the legal, regulatory, and reputational impact of regulatory change and implementation.
- Representing the business in dialogue with regulatory and supervisory bodies and industry associations.
- Where relevant, having an understanding of competitors and current industry practice.
- Providing complex and technical legal analysis in relation to the business which feeds directly into contract negotiations with clients and informs decision making in relation to client relationship and transactional matters and, where relevant, creates commercial advantages.
- Drafting, amending and/or reviewing and advising on transaction documents.
- Instructing and managing the businesses relationship with external counsel across multiple jurisdictions, reviewing advice and legal opinions and liaising with internal stakeholders in relation thereto.
A strong candidate should be a Qualified lawyer with investment banking legal experience gained in either private practice or in-house, and the candidate must have knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory issues relating to the trading of multi-asset class OTC derivatives (including structured derivative hedging), and experience in developing solutions to legal problems.
For more information, contact Miriam.Warburton@eximius.com or 0207 648 6954.
Click on the images to connect with Miriam on Linkedin.
Solicitors, In-House, Finance, Banking, Derivatives